Content lesson where students learn about the basic factors that affect the function of an efficiency of the human respiratory, circulatory, digestive, excretory, and nervous systems.
Students will be expected to:
• describe the basic factors that affect the functions and efficiency of the human respiratory, circulatory, digestive, excretory, and nervous systems (304-9)
Use the following handout to complete the questions:
- What are some of the reasons we need to drink water? (3)
- In what ways are the tissues that make up these blood vessels the same? How are they different?
- Explain how arteries and veins differ in their structure and function.
- What are capillaries?
- Why do think it’s important to breathe deeply when exercising?
- Cells need energy – where do they get it from?
- Examine the digestive system of the animals featured in the pdf document. In what ways are the structures similar and different?
- Explain how lungs work – using the video below:
• illustrate examples of conflicting evidence related to how we should maintain and/ or treat body systems (110-5)
• describe the science underlying various technologies used to assist or replace unhealthy organs or systems (111-5)