Waves, Tides and Water Currents
Outcome 1.1.1 explain how waves and tides are generated and how they interact with shorelines
Outcome 1.1.2 investigate water currents using experimental data, procedures, and conclusions to formulate operational definitions
Coastal Systems: Waves 1
Coastal Systems: Waves 2
Coastal Systems: Waves 3
Access the Montery Institute’s website to access
Check out this infographic on Rip Tides
The Ocean Conveyer
Bay of Fundy – The Highest Tides in the World!
- How High are the Fundy Tides?
- What Causes the Tides?
- What are Neap & Spring Tides
- Why are the Bay of Fundy Tides the Highest?
- When is the Best Time to Experience the Tides?
- The are four different tidal effects: vertical, horizontal, rapids & rip tides, and tidal bores. Detail them.